Thursday, May 10, 2007

Bonsai in Croatia - part 16

Here the loot. American organizers look at this! They gave me all the demonstration trees as main fee plus some extra. No such outlandish thing as raffling off a demo tree. I am not the only one who really hates this custom which is ONLY good for the treasurer.
Anyway:

1)and 2) Phyllorea plus virtually potted.This shows the exceptional qualities of the species. How often can you produce something like this six months after collecting? I think this is only possible with tropicals normally.

3) and 4) Hornbeam, Carpinsu orientalis, with future outline

5) and 6) Black pine. I have good news for all who were concerned about the health of the tree. It is true that at this time of the year a black pine normally must already have at least candles. It rained a lot in the past days here. The buds swell and I am sure they will come wihtin the next couple of weeks. I am very happy with this one.







No comments: